When cancer cells break away from the main tumor, there’s a great possibility that they will become stuck to nearby lymph nodes. This is why doctors usually check the lymph nodes first when figuring out how far cancer has grown or spread.
When the cancerous cells make contact with the lymph node, they may divide and perform a tumor at the site of the lymph node. When doctors examine the lymph nodes and find evidence of metastases (especially in lymph nodes near the primary tumor), this is an indicator that metastasis exists in distant organs and often helps doctors make prognoses.
Proper lymph drainage lowers your risk of developing cancer, as it ensures proper removal of abnormal, cancerous cells and prevents metastasis.
The Key Takeaway: When cancer cells break away from the main tumor, they can travel through other parts of the body via the lymph system. When transported via the lymph system, cancerous cells may end up in your lymph nodes, where most are killed but one or two may settle and grow into new tumors, leading to metastasis.
So, before I move into how you can strengthen your lymph system and slow down the spread of cancer, time for a quick review!
You now know:
- The lymph system is critical for your body’s defense against harmful toxins and bacteria.
- Cancerous cells can move through your body via the lymph system, leading to the possibility of metastasis.
- Proper lymph drainage ensures cancer prevention and prevention of the spread of cancerous cells, or metastasis.
Now, from point 3 above, it should follow that a healthy, well-functioning lymph system is crucial for cancer prevention and metastasis.
Let’s go into how you can boost and invigorate your lymph system so that it is on top of its game when you need it.
How Can you Boost your Lymphatic System?
There are three ways you can boost your lymph system:
1.) Proper Nutrition Boosts your Lymph System
- Certain foods can improve lymphatic flow, including:
- Citrus fruits such as limes, lemons, tangerines, oranges, and grapefruit
- Berries, specifically cranberries
- Sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Chia, hemp, and flax
- Herbs and spices such as black pepper, cardamom, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, and turmeric
- Seaweed and algae
There are also foods that you should avoid, including:
- Dairy foods
- Processed foods
- Sugary foods
- Oily foods
2.) Development of Positive Habits for a Healthy Lymph System
There are some habits that can produce a positive impact on your lymph system (and prevent the development and spread of cancer):
- Wear bras less frequently (very important for breast cancer) – Clothing that constricts body parts can interfere with lymph flow and drainage
- Get regular massages – Massages are great for stimulating lymph drainage
- Properly hydrate your body – Drinking water helps your lymph flow along with flow in other major bodily systems. Forget the eight glasses of water everyday rule. Shoot for drinking half of your body weight in ounces of water per day. So, if you weigh two hundred pounds, drink one hundred ounces of water.
- Breathe deep! – Fill your lungs completely and don’t move your shoulders
- Swish oil in your mouth – Swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth clears your sinuses which helps with lymph flow
- Attain proper alignment in your body with chiropractic care – Proper alignment in your body helps with better drainage of fluid
- Take advantage of regular spa days – Time in a sauna is a great way to remove toxins from your body, which revs up your lymph system, too
- Enjoy a clay bath – Clay baths provide a great way for you to detox and enjoy a thorough skin cleanse, both of which are helpful for your lymph system
- Hold your liver sacred – your liver produces lymph, which is critical for the rest of your lymph system
- Experiment with dry skin brushing – rubbing a dry brush across your body opens up skin pores and, as a result, stimulates your lymph system.
3.) The most important habit you can adopt? Get moving and exercise! Your lymph system doesn’t have a pump to stimulate lymph movement; therefore, you have to get that lymph moving manually. The best way to do this is via exercise, but not just any exercise.
Learn more below:
Get Moving to Boost your Lymph Flow
Any vertically oriented exercise is best for your lymph system. So, your go to exercises should be downward dogs, jumping jacks, or headstands. Certain physical limitations, however, can make these types of exercises uncomfortable, painful, or even impossible. For these reasons, bouncing on a trampoline, or rebounding, is the most effective workout you can give your lymph system. Check out the next section to learn why.
The Best Exercise for your Lymphatic System: Rebounding!
What is Rebounding? Rebounding increases the flow of oxygen to all cells in your body, and the exercise can help you become healthier, stronger, and help your body become more capable of effectively fighting disease.
What Equipment is Needed to Rebound? All you need is a high quality rebounder trampoline, or exercise trampoline, to rebound! If you need more stability during your bounces, you can also purchase a stability bar with most rebounder models. For more info on what to look for when shopping for a rebounder, check out this detailed rebounder trampoline buyer’s guide.
How do I Use the Rebounder During my Workouts? There are several rebounding workouts you can enjoy, depending on your fitness level. These are the four most popular rebounder workouts:
The Sitting Bounce
If you don’t have a very high level of fitness due to injury, illness, or advanced age, the sitting bounce might be best for you. You will need one other person to properly perform the sitting bounce. First, sit on the rebounder. Second, your partner should stand directly behind you and gently bounce up and down, which will help you bounce up and down. To further develop your core strength with the sitting bounce, try leaning back, extending your arms, or using your arms to help you bounce.
Check out this video to see the sitting bounce in action:
If you are ready to start a new, refreshing stage in your battle against breast cancer, start rebounding today with these high quality rebounders. Use discount code VICTORY for 10% off all products in our store.
A life of better health awaits you.
Author: Leonard Parker, Owner of RebounderZone