BY: Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos is a published author, SURVIVING CANCERLAND: Intuitive Aspects of Healing.
Easter can be difficult to celebrate when you are in or recovering from cancer treatment.It is hard to fake happy after the loss of a lifestyle, friend or family to this disease. But remember, if you are reading this, YOU are a WINNER. Let’s celebrate! Take the first tiny step with a Love Letter to YOU.
Writing can help you be in the moment of triumph by putting abstract emotions into concrete words. You will celebrate with your inner-selves; those incredible aspects of yourself that you may not be aware of, but are always there for you. As you write, your thoughts and memories can also bring to light your life-purpose and help you stay on the correct path to your Life Destiny.East
Here are 6 steps to write your Easter Love Letter to Yourself:
1.) Remember—You may be holding the pen, but Inner Wisdom is guiding the words. Let them flow.
- Although a hand written letter may be more therapeutic, a typed one works well, too. The importance is not in HOW you connect with yourself but THAT you connect with yourself.
- An Easter Love Letter to You is a simple letter to all the inner aspects of yourself — Inner Wisdom, Inner Knowing, Spirit, God, or the Higher Power of your choice. Your letter can be addressed to any name that resonates with you.
2.) Start with a phrase of gratitude, Mantra, or Blessing at the top of your letter.
- Write a phrase or mantra that has power for you. This is your letter heading.
- It can be acknowledgment of your Inner Winner. Acknowledging gratitude is one of your most powerful healing and connecting energies. Your mantra/phrase will reflect that principle. If you do not have a personal phrase of gratitude, borrow one that most resonates with you.
3.) Today’s Date.
- Dating your letter helps ground you in the moment while you visit the past.
- The past is a great place to visit. But, don’t live there.
- Dear, your name, or Inner Winner, etc.
- Address the letter to whomever feels right to you.
- Imagine sending a private message or group email to all your best friends. This can be one, many, or all your Inner-people who are responsible for helping you succeed.
5.) The Body of the Letter
- Write whatever feels right to you. Let it all out, but try to start and end on a positive note.
- You may want to start with: “Thank you for all you have done for me.”
6.) Sign your name.
- Feel free to use a name you can embrace as the new you rather than your given name.
- The Love Letter is to you. You’ll get it.
If you need more guidance for your letter, use my example of what your Easter Love Letter might look like and fill in the blanks:
March 26, 2016
Dear Inner Winner,
Thank you for all you have done for me.
I remember when ____________________________________
Then you helped me _________________________________
We worked together by _______________________________
Now, these positive things have happened to manifest the promise of a wonderful future ______
(sign your name) Super Kat
What to do with your Love Letter.
- Save the letter and read it whenever you need to reconnect with your Inner-winner.
- If you save it, put it in a place that is easily accessible, like your wallet. Take it out and read it when you need it.
- Send it to yourself in a personal email.
- Post it on a blog where your love and gratitude can be shared with many.
- Burning is a ritual act of sharing. It uses fire to cleanse away any residual negativity and allows smoke to carry the message of gratitude to your Higher Power.
So, take a minute out of this busy time before the Easter Holiday to reflect on what you have done to leave a positive foot-print on someone’s heart or in the sands-of-time. Find that hidden gift in the form of an egg-of-love in your mind. Write it in a love letter to YOU because you deserve it.Then watch for answers and validation from your Inner-winner in your dreams.
Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos is a published author, SURVIVING CANCERLAND: Intuitive Aspects of Healing (Cypress House, Jan 2014) http://tinyurl.com/p7cjfxa, survived three breast cancers diagnosed by her dreams, Intuitive Dream Coach, & R.A. BLOCH Cancer Foundation Hotline Counselor, Radio host, blogger and columnist for magazines. Kat presents at Expos, Radio Shows, Health Events, Magazines, & TV. She’s represented by Steve Allen Media. Learn more @http://www.SurvivingCancerLand.com/