Journey to Hope: Leaving the Fear of Breast Cancer Behind


Journey to Hope: Leaving the Fear of Breast Cancer Behind
now available on Kindle!
Click HERE to download.

 Women fear breast cancer more than any other disease. This is true even though a woman in the United States is ten times more likely to die of cardiovascular disease than she is breast cancer. Much of the reason for this fear is that women are told there’s nothing that can be done to prevent breast cancer. They’re told only to get a yearly mammogram hoping to find it at an earlier, more treatable stage. And now, even that’s controversial.

Western medicine is so focused on family history as the overriding risk factor for breast cancer that not much else is ever discussed. But only 25% of all cases of breast cancer occur in women with a family history. What about the other 75%? How can conventional medicine be so dogmatic that breast cancer can’t be prevented when no one knows what’s causing three-quarters of the cases?

Trying to obtain information about breast cancer risk can be as confusing as it is overwhelming. So many questions. So few concrete answers. So much information. So much of it contradictory. Does it matter what I eat? Should I take vitamins? What about stress? Are emotional and psychological factors important? What about toxins in the environment?

The traditional medical view is that none of this matters. But there is much evidence to the contrary. There are simple, reasonable steps you can take that will significantly decrease your risk of developing breast cancer and decrease your risk of dying of it if you have already been diagnosed.

The key to good health and cancer prevention lies more in your own hands than you might think. What you eat, how you feel, what you think, and even what you believe affects your breast cancer risk. The focus of this website as well as my book, Journey to Hope, is self-care, which means learning to do for yourself what the medical system cannot do for you.

My goal is to dispel the current medical dogma that there’s nothing you can do to prevent this disease. The good news is—there’s a lot you can do. The bad news is—your doctor can’t do it for you. You have to do it for yourself.

Dr. Hudson developed a special interest in health and wellness several years ago, especially as it relates to cancer and cancer prevention. His passion is to spread the message of self-care and prevention to women concerned about their risk of breast cancer. He counsels women one-on-one on matters of overall health and wellness, including how the mind-body connection impacts their cancer journey.
Consultation Services
Dr. Hudson is available by appointment for telephone or Skype consultations. Because of his broad experience in breast imaging and breast cancer diagnosis, he can be helpful in a number of ways:

Advertisements
Follow Breast Cancer Authority on WordPress.com

Comments

  1. Very informative post. Thanks for sharing. I just made a post about my first time in OR during a mastectomy and seeing cancer for the first time. So great to be a part of the conversation and bring awareness.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: