Necessary Lifestyle Choices for Optimum Health
An anti-cancer lifestyle will include a variety of exercise, organic foods, clean pure water and air. There are a few easy steps to keep the body safe and healthy. It is important to cultivate an awareness of what feels and taste right going into your body. It is equally important to stop and take notice of bad choices. Ask yourself “Is this good or bad for me? “Will it make me feel better or worse?” We all want to feel alive and vital.
1. Exercise – Yoga
Practicing restorative yoga has shown through studies to encourage and improve sleep and to enhance overall quality of life. (Reuters Health) – About one third of breast cancer survivors experience fatigue that affects their quality of life. A new study found that doing yoga might help restore some lost vitality. (bit.ly/sSZeZZ)
There are some simple suggestions to start exploring a change in vitality:
- Find a restorative yoga class – http://www.yogafinder.com/yogasearch.cfm
- Buy a therapeutic yoga DVD
- Watch Breast Cancer Yoga on YouTube
2. Cancer Prevention Foods – Vegetarian/Vegan Diet
It is suggested to eat a plant base diet of fruits and vegetables: make your diet rich in organic fruits and vegetables that are full of micronutrients and bioflavonoids which are duly noted to help prevent breast cancer or other cancers. Five or more servings per day is recommended by the American Cancer Institute. Red and blue berries hold a significant amount of necessary cell builders and anti-cancinogens that are a necessity on our tables.
Here are some simple choices to select from to start improving your health:
- Look for free recipes on the internet – see recipes here
- Start by adding healthy food choices to diet – http://www.healthranger.org/healthtips.html
- Begin transition to a healthy diet with “Meatless Monday”
- Begin to eliminate cancer causing foods from your diet such as sugary sodas
3. Water Therapy – Alkaline Water
Alkaline water (referred to as ionized water) can neutralize or decrease the acidity of the body’s pH caused by stress, modern diet, and air pollution. We suggest trying this water and feeling the possible positive effects.
Find a water store and get alkaline water by the gallon (it usually stays charged with negative ions for up to 48hours)
Purchase if possible a home alkaline water system that filters pollutants as well as charging the water with negative ions and anti oxidants
- Benefit from the many ways to use alkaline water like necessary hydration for the body’s cells
4. Manage Stress – Learn to breathe
Deep breathing is vital in that it encourages the release of body toxins, rebuild healthy tissue which consequently increases overall energy. This true oxygen exchange stimulates digestion, assimilation and elimination. A very important function of breathing fully and slowly is that the body’s natural relaxation response is prompted. This relaxation response results in decreased tension, anxiety and fatigue.
A great place to start is with our single down-loadable breathing exercises or you could do the following.
- Purchase a therapeutic breathing CD
- Read books on how to breathe correctly
- Explore breathing exercise e-books
5. Laugh Often – Emotional Balancing
It has been shown that even when manipulated to smile people in truth feel happier and joyful. Laughter can stop depression right in its tracks and boosts our immunity.
We suggest the following to bring on happiness.
- Have a daily joke sent to your e-mail
- Watch funny YouTube videos
- Listen to the comedy channel on the radio
- Download comedians from iTunes