This is a vegan, gluten-free version of the famous potato pancakes. After you will taste these, you will probably realize that there is, really, no need for eggs or white flour!
What you need:
- 4-5 large peeled potatoes
- 1 peeled onion
- 1 carrot (organic is safer to use. If your carrot is organic you can leave its skin on)
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste (optional)
- 1.5 cup chickpeas flour
- Oil to fry (I recommend either avocado oil or coconut oil. If you like coconut you will love it here as it will add the coconut aroma to the vegetable pancakes).
What to do:
- Grate the potatoes, carrot and onion or chop them to very thin slices with a food processor. Put in a large bowl.
- Add the salt and the flour, and mix well. Put the mix in a strainer and strain most of the liquid out.
- Use wide pan to boil the oil (the oil should almost cover the vegetable pancakes). Create nice little flat pancakes with your hands and fry them on both sides, until they get brown and crispy.
- Serve with vegetables salad – the vegetable pancakes goes especially well with tomatoes, so tomatoes salad would be simply perfect here!
Enjoy and leave some for others
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.