For example: in sandwiches, as a dumpling filling, to enrich your salads, in burritos, tortillas and many more…
What you need:
- 4 cups canned or cooked black beans
- 3 spoons olive oil
- 2 peeled and diced onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Optional: 1 tbs (or more – it’s up to your taste buds!) cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy!)
What to do:
- Saute the onions for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add all the other ingredients BUT the black beans. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Puree the black beans in food processor until smooth and add to the mixture.
- Stir until all is blended and warm.
Now you have a delicious vegan ‘meat’ – you may eat it as is, but it will be much better to add it to many other dishes in different variations.