- 2 c. Alkaline water
- 1 c. Shiitake mushrooms, dried (cheaper at Asian markets, good source of zinc, concentrated source of Vitamin D, decreases cholesterol and boosts immune system)
- 1 c. chopped spinach
- Drop of sesame oil (optional)
- 4 tsp. unpasteurized miso paste (lighter color has sweeter, less salty, more mellow flavor)
- In medium saucepan, bring water, mushrooms, spinach and sesame oil to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off some hot water and put it in a separate bow.
- Add miso (2 tsp. per cup of water in recipe), whisk, then add back to soup.
- Serve immediately.
Add vegan Parmesan cheese and/or Asian chili sauce for extra flavor with the miso.
This delicious Shiitake Miso Soup recipe can be a part of an anti-cancer lifestyle that includes a variety of exercise, organic foods and clean pure water and air. There are a few easy steps to keep the body safe and healthy. Cultivate awareness of what goes into your body; stop and take notice of habits. Ask yourself “Is this good or bad for me? “Will it make me feel better or worse?” We all want to feel alive and vital.
Photo Source: Closet Cooking
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.