As we all know that healthy cells need oxygen to live. The potential for the inclusion of ozone therapy in medicine is purposeful. It has been used as an alternative medical approach for the past four decades.
Ozone is a molecular gas with three oxygen atoms that was discovered in the mid-nineteenth century. Despite having some dangerous effects, researchers conclude that it has more therapeutic effects in medicine than being threatening.
Definition Of Ozone Therapy:
The introduction of ozone gas (a highly reactive form of pure oxygen) to treat medical conditions. It is an alternative medical treatment to increase the amount of oxygen in the body.
Contrary to the normal healthy human cells that love oxygen, in which the body is suffering from a disease that causes viruses, bacteria, parasites and fungi, including HIV/AIDS, cancer, arthritis and microbial cells all are almost anaerobic (live without oxygen/air) Or in other words, these microbes cannot live in oxygen.
Imagine what will happen if they are exposed to highly pure and reactive form of oxygen! What might happen if this ozone gas is infused slowly in body on daily practice for a few months, saturating all the body fluids and the cells present in it?
How Ozone Therapy Works:
Ozone gas is a very high oxidizing agent so its high concentrations can be toxic to the human body and is also considered a cause of pollution.
On the contrary, small doses stimulate some naturally occurring antioxidants in the body which help fight diseases. The reactive properties of ozone help the body to remove these obstruction and heal the diseased cells.
After ozone therapy in bacteria, the phospholipids (derivatives of fat) and lipoprotein undergo oxidation hence, the virtue of the bacterial cell wall is disrupted.
In fungi, The ozone treatment inhibits the cell growth at different stages.
In viruses, the viral capsid (protein shell of viruses) is damaged and this in turn disturbs the reproductive cycle by disrupting the virus to cell contact.
The cells have weak enzyme coating that makes them vulnerable to virus invasion, leading them to be susceptible to oxidation (a reaction in which a material combines with oxygen and gives up electrons) and excretion from the body. Which then alternatively replaces them with healthy cells.
Ozone therapy leads to an increase in the red blood cell glycolysis (process of conversion of glucose splits into two molecules of a three-carbon sugar) rate that results in an increased amount of oxygen in the tissues.
Ozonotherapy Activates Immune System:
A whole cascade of immunological responses are generated by introducing ozone infusion therapy. It activates our defense system i.e the monocytes and lymphocytes (white blood cells) and induce the production of cytokines (proteins released by cells of immune system) hence, its one of the best alternative treatment of cancer in which immune system slows down.
It also induces specific enzymes and helps in treating necrotic tissues and stroke.
Routes Of Administration Of Ozone:
Depending upon the condition being treated, there are several ways of administering ozone in the body:
- Extracorporeal re-circulatory autohemo perfusion: ( In which blood out of one arm is ozonated, sterilized and filtered outside the body, and then pumped continuously back into the other arm.)
- Autohemotherapy (mild treatment ex vivo of blood with ozone, i.e., outside the body and then prompt infusion in the donor)
- Direct infusion of gaseous ozone via vein or artery especially in the case of critical limb ischemia (inadequate blood supply to limb)
- Colorectal insufflation (blowing) of ozone like an enema to treat colon cancer, fistula, etc.
- Ozone is also used as topical treatment of ulcer, burns and infected wounds difficult to heal.
- Ozone vaginal insufflation (blowing)
- Ozone ear insufflation (blowing in ear)
- Ozone charged drinking water
- Ozone air purification (low levels of ozone sterilise the room air)
Benefits And Uses Of Ozonotherapy:
It has a number of advantages in treating disease conditions of the body:
- Diabetes: Some evidence shows that ozone improves blood sugar by activating the antioxidant system.
- Slipped disc in spine by releasing the growth factors.
- Heart disease (improves oxygen utility to reduce ischemia in heart diseases)
- Inactivates HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) owing to the reduction of HIV P24 core protein
- Activates immune system by releasing cytokines (proteins to fight infections)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Ulcers and abscess
- It can reduce many cases of chronic pain through acting upon the pain receptors.
- Healing effects on herpes, macular degeneration, dental infections, cystitis, gangrenes, burns, infections of intestines, etc
- Cancer: Since the cancer cells are anaerobic, so they die when exposed to oxygen via ozone RHP technique in which ozone is infused in the blood stream.
- Used as antibacterial agent to treat oral infections.
As it is said that “excess of anything is bad”. Similarly, ozone gas can display hazardous effects too:
- Ozone (O3) from the atmosphere can be toxic when inhaled from the polluted air.
- Safety zone has not been studied enough
- If given intravenously, it may cause blood clots in lungs and get very fatal/life threatening
- Dietary antioxidants like Vit E, C, etc. can prevent effects of Ozone (O3)
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding are the two on which there is not much of research made so staying on a safe side ozone therapy should be avoided in them.
The versatility and magnitude of beneficial effects of ozone therapy have become clear in treating cancerous cells being anaerobic, orthopedics, mucosal and cutaneous infection. The future must focus on the inception of safe and defined parameters to determine precise guidelines for treating cancers, infections, etc
Ozonotherapy with its miraculous properties is without a doubt a significant tool in medicine. It is now up to us, the patients and physicians to demand access to such healing substances that nature has gifted us.
- Future of Ozone Therapy In Medicine
- Clinical Review Of Ozonotherapy
- What is Ozone Therapy
- Overview and Uses Of Ozone Therapy
- Uses Of Ozone therapy
- Ozone Cancer Treatment
- Ozone Therapy and its Application Methods
- Healing Ozone Dr. Adem Gunes has built the world’s largest database of scientifically tested natural substances with proven effects in cancer treatments. In 2009, he was appointed as the Chief Physician of ProLife Clinic in Innsbruck, Austria, and played a key role in the establishment of the research laboratory. He is also the co-founder of the first Austrian hyperthermia center. Now, Dr. Adem works closely with cancer patients from around the world (including Germany, Thailand, Dubai) to recommend them a complementary cancer clinic or to create a personalized care plan for patients to follow at home.