Although we take our body functions for granted, the body is always engaged in self-healing; even when under excessive stress and strain. During recovery, supported yoga poses will add additional support both emotionally and physically. Deep relaxation is a definite result of these well supported poses. It relieves anxiety and promotes well-being while balancing the healing response of the autonomic nervous system. You will love this Supported Child’s yoga pose for breast cancer. This pose benefits the student with:
- a sense of deep relaxation, and of being grounded
- body sinks into the pose so muscle tension releases
- relaxes spinal muscles and lower back
- promotes deep rest and quiet
- parasympathetic activation which relieves anxiety lowers blood pressure
- releases tension in upper back and neck
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
- Leap Frog Pose (Flow) For Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Root Lock KRIYA Breathing Yoga Pose for Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Side Child & Side Child Twist Yoga Pose For Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)
Try Breast Cancer Yoga’s extra gentle yoga DVD for breast cancer recovery and lymphedema management.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.