During this winter make those warm fires even more enjoyable with herbs that you can burn in your fireplace. We have collected a variety of natural items that will give off wonderful aromas. And the best part is many of them are items you can find right in your home or grown in your backyard healing garden. Enjoy your fireplace with therapeutic qualities during breast cancer recovery with these healthy, natural and safe fireplace fragrances ideas.
Benefits of natural aromas for your fireplace:
- No chemicals that you really shouldn’t be breathing.
- Herbal smoke purifies the air if you’re inside.
- Herbal smoke keeps the mosquitoes away if you’re outside.
- The smoke smells AMAZING!
Some wonderful natural items to burn in your fireplace
- Dry some apple and orange slices in the oven. Then burn them in your fireplace. This can make for a very sweet-smelling scent that fills the air.
- For a wonderful pine smell, burn pine cones in your fireplace.
- Try burning a cinnamon stick or two for a sweet scent.
- For a pleasant fragrance burn orange or lemon peels in your fireplace. The oils in the peels give off a citrus scent which is very clean, not sweet.
- Burn a braid of sweet grass in your fireplace. Sweet grass is a herb that is used to clear negative energy and has a wonderful sweet scent that lingers in the air.
- Burn dried sage in your fireplace for a more acerbic scent. Once it has burned, it clears any other odors from the air, and then a lighter scent tends to linger.
- Toss some rosemary in the fireplace on the outer edges of the burning wood and your space will come alive with a delightful, pine-scented aroma.
- Try adding essential oils such as lavender. Just put a few drops on your branches or logs, then allow it to dry and burn in your fireplace.
Enjoy your fireplace with therapeutic qualities during breast cancer recovery with these healthy, natural and safe fireplace fragrances ideas.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.