If you crave a Chocolate Frosty without all the classic, not-so-healthy ingredients, this recipe is for you. The secret ingredient for this recipe is the Florida Avocado aka, “the big avocado.” The result of this secret ingredient is the smoothest, fluffiest, most delicious chocolate shake you will ever make. However, a traditional avocado can be used. Add in cacao nibs for added antioxidants. Always use organic ingredients when possible.
serves 2, vegan
- 1 1/2 bananas, frozen (make sure they are very ripe when you freeze them!)
- 1/2 large Florida avocado – about 1/2 – 3/4 cup mashed (room temperature or chilled)
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder (or sub with unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (nnsweetened for cancer diet recipe)
- tiny pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Add all ingredients to blender (high speed blenders work best).
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve right away.
- Enjoy with a spoon!
Tips & Variations:
* Add the almond milk a splash at a time until the bananas begin blending through. You may not need the full amount of almond milk – or if you blender is not as powerful, you may need to add more liquid to blend. You want to use as little liquid as needed to blend in order to achieve a thick ice cream-like texture.
* Make sure you use very ripe bananas and that your avocado is ripe and soft. It should easily squeeze out of its avocado skin into the blender (after removing the large pit).
* You can sweeten to taste is desired. Agave syrup works well.
* Add more or less cacao as desired as well. You could also add in cacao nibs for added antioxidants.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.