Try this high protein recipe that is healthy & tasty. Serve as an open-faced sandwich for a light lunch, or serve along side an immune boosting soup for a hearty dinner feast. The vibrant veggies and rich creamy avocado merge perfectly with nutty rustic white beans, and accents of citrus, white miso, cayenne and pepper. Always use organic ingredients when available.
Avocado Toast With Veggies & White Bean Salad
vegan, serves 3
1 16 oz. can white beans (cannellini) – drained, rinsed
1 small avocado, diced
1/3 cup sweet onion, diced
1 small carrot, chopped
1/2 cup spinach, thinly sliced
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
2 tsp white miso paste
1 Tbsp fresh tangerine or orange juice + pinch of zest
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp hemp or sunflower seeds
pinch of cayenne pepper
- Topping: fresh chives
- Served on toasted bread (organic homemade Rye Bread Recipe)
- You can adjust the ingredients in this recipe by trying different veggies, seeds, beans and even seasonings.
- Add the beans and avocado to a large mixing bowl. Mash well with a fork until thick and chunky, yet creamy like a chunky guacamole or hummus. Mash beans as desired. I like mine well mashed.
- Prep all your veggies and fold into the avocado mixture.
- Whisk the white miso paste with the citrus juices and vinegar. Fold this liquid into the mixture and continue folding until well combined and the veggies begin to soak into the creamy and liquid.
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge for 15-30 minutes before serving. This fresh salad is best served right away, since it slightly separates when left over night in the fridge.
* kale, finely chopped
* parsley or herbs, chopped
* chopped nuts
* omit the miso and just use pink Himalayan Salt
* tsp of tahini
Recipe adapted from LunchBoxBunch.com.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.