By: Breast Cancer Yoga Staff.
If you are already enjoying a primarily plant-based diet, we recommend that you continue with this healthy eating pattern. Eliminating chicken and fish while adding in more plant-based proteins sounds like a perfectly healthy plan. We recommended trying our plant-based recipes for a healthy lifestyle diet. Also, be mindful to supplement or seek fortified foods, as needed.
For one serving (multiply ingredients appropriately for more servings)
- 2 whole wheat low-fat flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp hummus made with extra garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown miso
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small tomato, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- Spray a griddle or non-stick fry pan with a little cooking spray.
- Spread the hummus and miso on one tortilla.
- Layer other ingredients on top, with cheese being on top of the pile.
- Top with other tortilla.
- Brown both sides on the griddle or pan until cheese melts to hold it all together.
- Cut into 4 pieces.
Serve with some salsa, fresh fruit, bean salad, and enjoy!
A healthy diet is only one of several factors that can affect the immune system; exercise and stress management are just as important in improving your overall health and well being.
Recipe source: Diane Dyer
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.