By: Neeva Kedem, Founder of Never Meat Again.
Soooo simple, healthy and delicious! Goes very well with this salad. Two things to know before you make them: These vegan patties are very delicious, low fat and healthy. They are great when fresh from the oven, but not as good after couple of hours. I would only recommend them for eating right after baking. After a day in the fridge it kind of loose its great taste.
What you need:
* 2 chopped garlic cloves
* 2 Chopped onions
* 2 spoons chick peas flour
* 1 grated organic carrot, with skin
* 1 Mashed potato
* 4 spoons olive oil, half for saute and half for patties
* 2 cups red lentils, soaked for about an hour
* Salt to taste
What to do:
- Saute all the ingredients except lentils and flour until soften. Then add flour and mix well.
- Mix everything with the lentils in food processor.
- Make nice little patties and lay on an oily non-stick baking tray. Add sone oil on top of each patty, then bake for about 30 minutes in 180 degrees (Celsius).
About Neeva Kedem: Couple of years ago my life took a nice turn when I became vegan. It happened after my 40th birthday; I kind of realized that my health and energy are not as they used to be, and that change is needed. After reading lots of researches and studies, I understood that eating healthier food that is based on plants and natural ingredients will be the best for me, and so I did. It didn’t happen overnight; first, I gave up red meat. Then chicken, which was very hard for me. And only about a year later – cheese and eggs. Today I can say that being vegan improved my health and energy levels, and that I love being vegan!