Comfrey is a highly useful herb, best-known for its fast healing properties. Comfrey relieves pain and inflammation. Topically, comfrey may reduce pain in sore breasts. Comfrey strengthens tissues and helps them become resilient and flexible and is especially wonderful for breast self massage.
Breast Massage With Comfrey Oil Benefits
Infused oil of comfrey root (best) or leaves is one of the most amazing therapeutic massage oils. Regular breast massage with comfrey has many benefit such as:
- Stimulates lymph circulation in breast tissue.
- Helps eliminate abnormal cells and congestion.
- Become familiar with how your breasts.
Breast Pain Relief With Comfrey Cream/Poultice
Comfrey creams are helpful as topical treatments for burns, skin alterations and sore breasts. To use comfrey for breast pain, apply a comfrey poultice of the fresh, bruised leaves. It relieves pain in an hour.
Many healing effects of comfrey are attributable to allantoin, a compound shown to speed cell production both inside and outside the body. Comfrey works so quickly that many herbalists add antibacterial salves and oils to prevent sealing bacteria inside because it heals the surface faster then underneath the wound.
Comfrey Therapeutic Actions:
- Recommended for external use
- Acts as an antibacterial and anti- fungal treatment
- Reduces inflammation
- Eases pain
- Stop swelling
- Stimulates cell growth
- Very soothing to the skin
- Inhibits further damage to tissues especially for radiation burns
- Stimulates the production of cartilage, tendons and muscles
- Active ingredient chlorophyll rejuvenates old cells and promotes the growth of new cells
- Leaves or roots applied as ointment or oils treat bruising, wounds, tumors, muscular pain, and dermatological conditions]
- Aids healing of inflammation and burns
When taken internally, comfrey can cause severe liver damage. Several studies have shown that comfrey contains toxic compounds called pyrrolizidine alkaloids or PAs, which can cause severe liver damage. Animal studies have also shown that these chemicals lead to the development of liver tumors.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.