By: Lisa Robbins, A Holistic Nutritionist and Author of The Cancer Journal ~ Heal Yourself!.
What? Healthy? Yes, everything can be healtherized! Eggnog is one of the simplest recipes to turn raw. Why buy fattening, artery clogging, thick, sweet, cooked eggnog from the store, if they have it in stock, when you can make it yourself anytime at home in 30 seconds?
Next time you are out shopping, pick up vanilla beans (or pure vanilla extract), and a nutmeg nut. Hopefully you will have dates and raw, slivered almonds or cashews on hand (from the all that raw nut milk you have been making lately). If this slipped by you, what I meant to say was, seed and nut milks are delicious, nutritious, filling, slimming, and generally knock out, health enhancing! See Hemp Milk and other easy Seed and Nut Milks.
Like Rich Chocolate Rumballs, this eggnog is made with raw nuts which feeeed your body, your nervous system, brain, immune system, and arteries; lowering cholesterol, burning off excess saturated fats, providing your trillions of cells with a rich pool of antioxidant protection and tools to repair and rebuild themselves.
Nuts fill you up with everything you need, extreme quality protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, highly unsaturated fats, phytochemicals … if you are craving food, eat nuts, they are one of the secrets to super nutrition! Find out more about Super Nutrition – it is one of the 10 Key Principles of Healing and takes up a lengthy chapter in The Cancer Journal ~ Heal Yourself!
- ½ cup raw cashews or slivered almonds
- 2 cups fresh water
- ½ vanilla pod
- 4 Medjool dates (or 6 normal dates but the sweetness of Medjool is better!)
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 fresh raw eggs (optional)
Throw the ingredients into the jar of your blender. Turn it to high and blend until the nog is smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds in a Vitamix, one to three minutes in a regular blender depending on its strength. Pour through a fine sieve into a tall glass with ice. Add a little rum or brandy for extra holiday cheer, and grate fresh nutmeg over the top.
Leave out the eggs — That’s it!
Rumballs Balls are one of our favourite Christmas treats. For years I made rumballs with tons of butter, crushed cookies, chocolate chips and icing sugar.
These Rumballs balls are made with a blend of raw nuts, rich in health enhancing unsaturated fats that feed your trillions of cells and heighten the functioning of your brain and nervous system, which means you feel and think better! Your cells rebuild and protect themselves, viscosity of blood and pliability of artery walls is improved, excess saturated and damaged fats are burnt off lowering cholesterol, immunity is enhanced; every function in your body heightened and improved when you eat raw nuts and seeds regularly.
Nuts are a powerhouse of antioxidant protection, rich in Vitamin E’s, rebuilding proteins, phosphorus, magnesium and other important nutrients used by your body to rebuild and protect itself.
Nuts fill you up with everything you need, extreme quality protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, highly unsaturated fats, phytochemicals … if you are craving food, eat nuts, they one of the secrets to super nutrition! Find out more about Super Nutrition – it is one of the 10 Key Principles of Healing and a chapter in The Cancer Journal ~ Heal Yourself!
- 2 cups ground, raw, unsweetened coconut
- 3 cups ground, raw almonds
- 2 cups ground, raw pecans
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon & 2 Teaspoons Rum Extract
- 1 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 ground, raw oat groats or steel cut oats
- 1 cup ground or whole raw, unsweetened coconut for rolling the balls in.
- Grind the nuts into meal using a powerful blender or food processor. If you have a Vitamix, use the dry blending jar for this.
- Mix the nuts thoroughly with cocoa powder, add agave nectar, vanilla and rum. When thoroughly blended together, sprinkle in the ground oats and work them in, giving them time to soak up the liquid and harden the mixture for rolling.
- Make balls with your hands and roll them in coconut or cocoa.
- Place in a container with a tight lid, in the refrigerator, until about 30 minutes before serving. If you are keeping them any longer than two days, pop them in the freezer to keep them fresh.
Lisa Robbins is a holistic nutritionist and teacher for exceptional people who want to know how to cleanse, heal and eat for optimal healing! Lisa is the author of The Cancer Journal Heal Yourself and Cancer Cure and Survivor Stories and Founder at IncredibleHealingJournals.com Get her popular free cleansing report with 9 simple and effective cleanses, Cleanse Your Body at TheGoodWitch.ca