By Diana Ross, ERYT 500 Founder of Breast Cancer Yoga.
Seated poses are valuable in the support of breast cancer treatment and recovery. Exercise is not only safe and possible during cancer treatment, but it can improve how well you function physically and your quality of life.
- Increases flexibility in tops of ankles ankles and feet
- Stretches the hips, thighs, and knees
- Improves circulation and relieves tired legs
- Improves circulation of feet and relieves heel spurs
- Improves digestion and relieves gas
- Eases stiffness in hips and groin
- Assist with proper spine alignment of shoulders and hips
- Reduces swelling of the legs during pregnancy (through second trimester)
- Excellent meditation seat
- Knee or ankle injury
- Begin on padded surface for feet and knees. with hips and knees parallel but wide on the yoga mat or padded surface.
- Place yoga block or bolster under hips if uncomfortable.
- Don’t let feet sickle (turn in) and have souls of feet facing up.
- Stretch calf muscles back to create space and open knee joint.
- Make sure your spines stays lifted. If the hips or knees are not comfortable
- place another prop under your seat.
- Now begin placing small pillows/folded blanket under knees to raise the knees up.
- As ankles begin to open; the pillows can be replaced with yoga blocks and move to the next level.
- Stay in pose 5/10 breaths.
- When finished INHALE come forward in CAT and Tuck the toes under.
- EXHALE, stretch right leg back tucking toes underneath. INHALE, return right leg back.
- EXHALE, stretch left leg back tucking toes underneath. INHALE, return.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.