Learn A Safe & Supported Yoga Pose For Breast Cancer – Side Child Restorative Yoga Pose.
By Diana Ross, E-RYT 500, Founder of Breast Cancer Yoga.
The purpose of a relaxed pose may be obvious. Relaxation is intended to rid the body and mind of the negative effects of stress, unwanted thoughts, anxiety, fear, and then to create a state of rest. You will love this pose. Deep relaxation is a definite result of this well supported pose. It relieves anxiety and promotes well-being while balancing the healing response of the autonomic nervous system.
- Promotes progressive muscle relaxation
- Brings the nervous system back into balance
- Strengthens the relaxation response in your day-to-day life
- Relieves anxiety and promotes well-being
- Facilitates parasympathetic healing response
- Has a “moment-to-moment” experience for both internal and external
- Reduces strain on sciatica joints
- Begin on back, then roll onto right side, extend right lower leg and bend upper left leg, then place left knee onto large bolster or folded blankets. (don’t let foot dangle)
- Upper arm should be resting on a bolster or folded blankets shoulder height, then extend right arm straight out away from the body.
- Head and neck rest on pillow, bolster or blankets and must be level under ear.
- Close your eyes and just rest.
- Relax deeply and allow the mind to settle down.
- Enjoy each breath.
- When ready come to center and repeat on left side.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Try Breast Cancer Yoga’s extra gentle yoga DVD for breast cancer recovery and lymphedema management.