By: Diana Ross of Breast Cancer Yoga.
Fish 2 is one of those unique yoga poses that almost immediately, once in it, creates great internal quiet. Your eyes seem to want to close and your heart becomes wide open. Even your breath is so full that expansion can be felt throughout your entire being. It’s a great pose to love yourself in and to simply let go.
- Opens heart and chest and frees up breath
- Allows for lymphatic drainage
- Stretches breast tissue
- Expands the lungs for more air consumption
- Lengthens collar bone while stretching the deltoids
- Quiets the parasympathetic nervous system
- Calming, especially if there is a focus on the breath
- Relaxes shoulders and arms.
- Quiets the mind quickly, relieves anxiety
- Supports thoracic kyphosis
- Begin seated on a small pillow or folded blanket, place a cylinder bolster behind in a horizontal length. Extend legs forward. Place two blocks side by side behind for the back to (comfortably) rest on. Use a yoga block, bolster or pillow for your head to rest on once lowered.
- Inhale, lengthen spine and draped over blocks and bolster.
- Make sure your head rest in the natural alignment with chin, if not place a prop to lift head.
- Legs remain extended in front.
- Inhale, and extend arms over creating a big stretch to chest area if comfortable.
- Stay and breath into the front body with the arms overhead.
- Remain in this pose as long as comfortable, if desired bring arms back along side body.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Try Breast Cancer Yoga’s extra gentle yoga DVD for breast cancer recovery and lymphedema management.