By Breast Cancer Yoga Staff.
We already know that blueberries are good for us especially if they are organic. This particular recipe includes only organic nonGMO ingredients.
This Blueberry Muffin recipe is easy and delicious. The muffins are quite moist too. We are using Coconut Palm Sugar because it is touted as a great sugar substitute http://authoritynutrition.com/coconut-sugar/.
2 cups organic flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 organic lemons for zest
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1 cup of unsweetened rice milk/almond milk/hemp milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tbs. white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 fresh organic blueberries
* can add lemon extract to increase lemon flavor.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lightly grease muffin pan (smart Balance).
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, milk, oil and vinegar. Mix well.
- Add all ingredients together but do not over mix.
- Add in berries slowly so not to bleed into batter.
- Fill muffin tin 2/3 way.
- Bake until knife comes out clean. (approx. 20 minutes)
- Remove, cool on wire rack.