FINALLY spring has sprung. Nothing smells more like “summer” than the BBQ. Here is a great BBQ dish, Grilled Chick’n Kabobs. Mock chick’n is high protein, low-fat, healthy and tasty BBQ dish to mix in with veggies. It is important to know a few things about plant based mock meats. First use organic; you definitely don’t want GMO . Secondly, some plant proteins are under a little scrutiny, so moderation. Next, chick’n tends to stick to grills, so prepare your barbecue with a non-stick cooking spray or by rubbing it with oil. Marinade the chick’n at least 30 minutes in a zip lock bag or in the refrigerator over night. You can add zucchini, squash or mushrooms to your skewer too. This is easy and presents a beautiful dish.
- Green peppers chopped into chunks
- Red peppers chopped into chunks
- Sweet onion 1/4 cup cut in chunks
- Marinade sauce
- Pink salt and pepper to taste
- Gardein Teriyaki Chicken
- First, let vegan chicken defrost and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Cut peppers and onions into 1 inch square and microwave in glass dish with 1/4 cup of water for approx. 1 minute to partially cook vegetables.
- For the kebabs – Use bamboo skewers, thread chick’n and peppers on each skewer, alternating.
- Coat grill rack with oil.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Cook skewers until the peppers and tips are caramelized and hot, while brushing occasionally with a BBQ or Teriyaki sauce, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
About Dawn Bradford Lange: Co-founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Dawn is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.