By Diana Ross, E-RYT 500, Co-Founder Breast Cancer Yoga
What is The Master Cleanse? The Master Cleanse is a lemon juice fast. It’s a liquid diet that provides a healthy amount of calories and nutrients specifically suited for weight loss and cleansing, all while resting the digestive system and allowing the body to heal naturally. It effects will be felt almost immediately. Why is it important to cleanse when in breast cancer recovery or during chemo and/or radiation treatment? The obvious is to allow the body to rest and to eliminate toxins. Too often we bog the body down with heavy foods or chemicals and in fact we need to lighten the load. The Master Cleanse is the perfect choice to do this. The Master Cleanse is such a simple program.
* Place filtered or distilled water (3/4 quarters full) in a mason quart jar
* Squeeze several fresh organic lemons
* Add 3 cups of unsweetened organic cranberry juice
* Add 2 tablespoons of Grade B Maple syrup
* Add a pinch of Cayenne Pepper
* Drink a minimum of 6 to 12 glasses a day, especially when you feel hungry.
* Take a laxative or drink Smooth Move tea before bed.
Every time your mind tells you you are hungry and you reach for a drink you begin to truly overcome the psychological need to eat, and you feel a growing sense of control. All this should motivate you to complete the process. The Master Cleanse is by far my favorite and easiest way to get back on track. Cleanses at anytime are helpful to unburden the body’s digestive system, and believe it or not it helps to quiet the mind.
Before you begin your cleanse you may want to ease into it a day or two before by eating fruits and vegetables. Make sure you do not overeat. The fruits are high in sugar. Simply remove simple carbohydrates, sugars, meat and dairy. Also when finished with cleanse do the same. Re-enter with fruits and vegetables. Make vegetables the main meal. You may also want to do other cleansing things, like using a dry brush and removing dead skin cells or bathing in a himalayan salt bath . This will help nourish and replenish the body’s outer surface.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Orange, Spinach & Pineapple Smoothie Recipe For Breast Cancer Prevention (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Alkaline Water – The Elixir of Life (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Curry Chana Dal Lentils Recipe|Breast Cancer Prevention (breastcanceryogablog.com)