By Breast Cancer Yoga Staff
With all of the delicious vegan holiday recipes we’ve discovered, we have compiled three vegan Christmas recipes that your whole family will love.
Vegan Christmas Eggnog Recipe
- 2 cups Almond milk (original or vanilla flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 2 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
Blend all ingredients together in a pitcher. Serve your delicious vegan eggnog over ice and dress with a sprinkle of nutmeg and a cinnamon stick for the perfect festive touch.
Vegan Christmas Pumpkin Seed Ravioli Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons miso
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package egg-free round or square wonton/dumpling wrappers
1. Combine pumpkin seeds, parsley and garlic in a food processor until minced. Blend in miso, salt and tofu and mix until combined. With motor running, slowly drizzle in oil.
2. Lay wonton wrappers on a flat, lightly-floured surface. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of each wrapper and fold wrapper over to make a triangle. Dip your fingers in water and use to seal edges. Continue filling remaining wrappers with filling.
3. Cook ravioli in boiling water for 2 to 4 minutes. Drain and toss with a pinch of salt, pepper and a healthy drizzle of olive oil.
Vegan Chocolate Christmas Truffles
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Almond bark to coat, chopped nuts, shredded coconut and flavored liqueur (optional)
- Blend vegan cream cheese and powdered sugar in a food processor, slowly adding the sugar to the cream cheese.
- Melt the chocolate chips in pot on the stove and add the melted chips to the cream cheese mixture, blending until it’s all mixed in. If you want, you can add a tablespoon or more of flavored liqueur to the mixture and blend a bit longer.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for about an 1 1/2 – 2 hours
- Roll the mixture with your hands into little balls.
- Roll the balls into the topping of your choice (chopped nuts, shredded coconut, etc). You can also melt some more chocolate chips or almond bark and dip the truffles in and refrigerate to make a “hard” coat over them.
- Place and store in refrigerator until ready to be devoured.