Kale Chips Recipe Compliments of Chef Curt Robair Executive Chef at Menla Mountain Retreat
Eating a plant based diet is a great way to nourish your body with cancer-fighting vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. MD Anderson says “Leafy greens like kale are a great source of fiber, folate and cancer-fighting carotenoids, which probably protect against cancers of the mouth, pharynx and larynx. And, according to some laboratory studies, kale’s antioxidant effects may also help fight off certain types of breast cancer, skin cancer, lung cancer and stomach cancer.”
1 bunch organic kale
1 organic red pepper
3 cloves organic garlic
1/2 cup raw tahini
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
Salt & pepper
- Wash and strip kale from stem.
- Place in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place red pepper, garlic, tahini and tamari in a blender and blend on high until somewhat smooth.
- Add to kale and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sure kale is well coated.
- Place on dehydrator trays and sprinkle with yeast.
- Dehydrate over night or until crispy at 125 degrees.
- Store in an airtight container
Recipe compliments of Chef Curt Robair Executive Chef at Menla Mountain Retreat