By Diana Ross, Co-Founder of Breast Cancer Yoga
This pose is very special because of the activity of going up and down and out. When there is continuous movement it heightens a flow of energy (cardiovascular) which creates internal heat and lengthens muscles. Leap Frog is great for full circulation to pelvis, hips, feet and chest. It will increase oxygen and the metabolism in the body’s system.
- Opens and expands pectoral muscles
- Reduces post surgical fibrous adhesions and scar tissue
- Promotes axillary lymphatic fluid drainage which decreases blockages of lymph nodes
- Softens stiff shoulders and frozen shoulder
- Aids flexibility of the rib cage and thoracic spine
- Frees the breath and opens the chest
- Heightens a flow of energy for the body
- Increases circulation to hips, feet, and ankles
- Stimulates cardiovascular system (aerobic exercise) for heart center
- Balances the glandular system
- Stretches toes while creating balance
- Stretches hamstrings
- Lengthens spine while creating space between the vertebrae
- Begin standing with feet hip distance apart, and place hands onto table, chair, or yoga blocks.
- EXHALE, draw hips back and begin to lengthen spine and open chest region. Try to keep the spine as straight as possible with soft knees. Take a long INHALE.
- EXHALE, lower hips and bend knees to squat position, lifting heals up (if too much on knees use a CHAIR to sit on.)
- INHALE, lift hips up, straighten legs, bring head back to neutral and feet flat
- EXHALE, lower hips and bend knees to squat, lifting heals up (if too much on knees, you can use a chair to sit on.)
- INHALE, draw body back up, straighten arms, and bring head back to neutral.
- Continue up to 10 times, rest. When finished, come back to standing position.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
- Wide Angle Twist and Flow Yoga Pose For Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Easy Warrior Pose For Breast Cancer And Lymphedema (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Bali Seal Yoga Pose For Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Root Lock KRIYA Breathing Yoga Pose for Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Side Child & Side Child Twist Yoga Pose For Breast Cancer (breastcanceryogablog.com)