By Diana Ross, E-RYT 500 Founder of Breast Cancer Yoga
You will love this Side Child and Side Child Twist yoga pose for breast cancer. Deep relaxation is a definite result of these well supported poses. It relieves anxiety and promotes well-being while balancing the healing response of the autonomic nervous system.
- Promotes supported relaxation for general health benefits.
- Relieves anxiety and promotes well-being
- Facilitates parasympathetic healing response
- Reduces strain on sacroiliac joints
Instructions – Side Child
- Begin on back and roll onto right side with hips parallel to knees
- Bend upper knee and place support under upper knee/inner thighs, and keep lower leg extended. Make sure leg is level with hip.
- Upper arm should be resting on bolster or blankets. Make sure that shoulder arm and hand are level. Lower arm extends straight out by side. A blanket is place under torso for warmth and comfort.
- Head and neck aligned with pillow under ear. Don’t let the head dip down. It should feel very comfortable
- Close eyes and just rest.
- Prepare for the twist.
Instruction – Side Child Twist
- When ready to deepen draw the left shoulder back onto prop.
- Head is facing upwards.
- Relax deeply and allow the mind to settle down.
- Enjoy each breath.
- Stay in this pose for at least 5/10 minutes.
- Enjoy the deep letting go that happens in this pose.
- Repeat both poses on other side.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
- Easy Warrior Pose For Breast Cancer And Lymphedema (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Krishna Dish|Anti Cancer Recipe (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Laughter For A Healthy Breast Cancer Recovery (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Drink Tea, and Breathe for Breast Cancer Support (breastcanceryogablog.com)
- Breast Cancer Charities Can Be Cruelty Free (breastcanceryogablog.com)