Organic Kale can do wonders for your health and is one of the healthiest vegetables on the planet. It is super-nutritious and provides significant health benefits; the most important one is cancer protection and lowered cholesterol. A leafy green plant, kale comes in curly, ornamental, or dinosaur varieties.
Why is Kale such a nutritional Powerhouse and a “oh so” necessary vegetable? It is easy.
- One cup of raw chopped contains: Antioxidants (carotenoids & flavonoids)
- Kale is low in calories. Approximately 33 calories for 1 cup.
- Kale has more iron than beef. We need iron for proper cell growth and good health.
- Kale helps protect our bodies from various cancers. This includes normal bone growth.
- Kale is perfect as an anti-inflammatory. This includes Omega-3 fatty acids which fight against crippling arthritis, debilitating asthma and chronic autoimmune disorders.
- Kale supports a strong cardiovascular system.
- Kale will assist in lowering cholesterol.
- Kale is a great food for detoxification.
- High in fiber and sulfur helps the body’s liver run efficiently.
- Kale is high in the following vitamins and minerals:
- Vitamin A * Minerals – copper, potassium, iron, manganese and phosphorus
- Vitamin C * Lutein & Zeaxanthin compounds
- Vitamin K
Now for the best news for those of you who don’t enjoy a good kale salad; you can blend it in your NutriBullet with Spinach or Swiss Chard and make a green smoothie; you will never know. Add some fruit, nuts and seeds and you will add more nutrition and feel like a million bucks. That is what I do everyday before yoga. And hey, guess what I am losing weight and gaining energy.
Another delicious way to have kale is making sesame seed chips or using it in a wrap with avocado. I getting hungry just describing these choices. Kale salad and some secret sauce with other powerhouse veggies and life will get better because you will feel lighter and better.
Diana Ross, E-RYT 500 founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is a restorative yoga teacher; and a survivor that cares about making a difference in your recovery process. Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products were designed to support you emotionally and physically. We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.