By Breast Cancer Yoga Staff & Kelli Roberts, Vegan Chef.
There is nothing better then making your own, fresh and tasty raw almond milk. Besides the fact that is fun and easy. You will have complete control of the contents too. I will give you the ingredients for just the milk and then if you want you can add fresh organic fruit to serve to your guest or for yourself and family.
If you do try this recipe, or any other recipe on this blog we would love to hear from you. Thanks and good luck!
1 cup of raw organic almonds (soak in filtered water over night)
3 cups of filtered, distilled or spring water
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract (almond extract optional)
- Mesh strainer (use paint strainer)
- Rinse the almonds thoroughly- water should be clear.
- Place the almonds with 3 cups of water, vanilla extract and pitted dates in high speed blender.
- Begin slowly at first, increase speed for 1 minute.
- Place a mesh bag over a large mixing or measuring bowl.
- Let the milk drain through and then begin to squeeze out the rest.
- If you want you can extend a little extra milk by adding the pulp back with more water. I have done this but did add another date and a little more extract.
If you like to add some fruit to make this an almond smoothie it is quite easy. Just add your favorite fruit to mixture and blend.
Total amount of time spent should be 10 minutes.
About Diana Ross: E-RYT 500 restorative yoga teacher, survivor that cares and founder of Breast Cancer Yoga. Diana is making a difference with Breast Cancer Yoga therapeutic products designed to support you emotionally and physically during breast cancer . We want to give you the attention and personal service you need so please email us at email@example.com if you have questions.